We’re opening our doors just for you!
Preview Day, July 19
“Visiting the Institute really solidified my desire to come here. The faculty and students did a great job framing the school and what differentiates it from other programs.”— Current Student
We’ve planned a full day of events:
- Learn how our graduate programs can boost your career.
- Sit in on a master class taught by one of our faculty.
- Network with professors and students from around the world.
- Meet with advisors.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, July 18
4:30–6:00 p.m. Welcome reception
Join us at the Holland Center for light refreshments.
Friday, July 19
10:00–11:00 a.m. Check-in and coffee
Head to the McCone Atrium, get your welcome packet, and sign in.
11:00–11:30 a.m. Welcome presentation
Get an overview of Middlebury Institute and how we will help you launch your international career.
11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Master classes
Experience a Middlebury Institute class with our expert faculty.
- So you think you’re fluent (Dr. Jason Martel). Proficiency in foreign languages is a vital professional asset in today’s increasingly globalized world, but what does it mean to be proficient? How can we gauge someone’s proficiency?
- Understanding Contemporary US-Russian Relations: The Roshomon Effects (Dr. Anna Vassilieva). U.S.-Russian relations are at the lowest point since the disintegration of the Soviet Union. Yet Russians are interpreting the conflict differently from Americans. What are the roots of Russian discontent and why are they important to understand?
12:30–1:30 p.m. Lunch at the Samson Center
1:30–2:15 p.m. Campus tours led by current students
Learn about the history of the Middlebury Institute and get a glimpse into life on campus from current students.
2:30–5:00 p.m. Program-specific breakout sessions
Meet with faculty and program representatives to do a deep dive into the program curriculum and career outcomes.
5:00–6:00 p.m. Closing reception
- Take advantage of this final event to connect with faculty, administrators, and your peers.
- Meet representatives of some of our centers, initiatives, and student organizations.
Plan your visit with these helpful resources: