TESOL/TFL Alumni Advice Panel: The Road Less Traveled
Friday, April 16, 2021, 4:00–5:30 p.m. Pacific Time
TESOL and Teaching Foreign Language (TFL) alumni discuss the alternative career pathways that led them to a job outside of the classroom. After a brief introduction from Dr. Kathi Bailey, the panelists will share their experiences with you on the various opportunities available to TESOL and TFL graduates.
Panelists (all Middlebury Institute alumni):
- Anne Delaney is the owner and principal trainer at Excelsior English, a unique and personalized corporate language solution for people from every industry and corner of the globe.
- Maiko Hata has taught and advised international students for over 20 years. Her research is focused on assisting English language learners with disabilities. She currently serves children with disabilities, focusing on bilingualism, communication challenges, and autism.
- Kevin Jepson is a senior coach and multilingual learner specialist with EL Education. He designs professional development for leaders and teachers to support K-12 English language learners who are furthest from opportunity.
- Dr. Hanan Khaled has worked at the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center in many roles including department chair and she now serves on the executive board of the Foreign Language Association of Northern California.
- Brandon Lambert is a curriculum developer at VIPKid where he designs content for remote learning and teaching, helping to connect 800,000 young Chinese learners with 100,000 teachers in North America.
Please also check our events calendar for other virtual events across the Middlebury universe.
If you have any questions please contact us by phone at 831-647-4166 or email email@example.com.
Other Upcoming Events
Our faculty and enrollment advisors regularly visit cities around the world to connect with prospective students like you. See our upcoming trips.