We’re opening our doors just for you!
Preview Days, April 7–8
“Visiting the Institute really solidified my desire to come here. The faculty and students did a great job framing the school and what differentiates it from other programs.”—Current student
We’ve planned two full days of events, including a reception Friday evening.
- Meet one-on-one with advisors.
- Sit in on a master class taught by one of our faculty.
- Network with professors and students from around the world.
- Learn how our graduate programs can boost your career.
Schedule of Events
Friday, April 7
9:00 AM–2:30 PM
Personally scheduled one-on-one sessions for visiting students:
- Center for Advising and Career Services—for students with questions about academic and career planning.
- Enrollment Advisors—for students with questions about admission and scholarships, and admitted students.
- Financial Aid Open Office Hours—for students with questions about loans.
- Admissions Interview.
(Mis) Communication and Intercultural Interactions: Causes and Solutions
Professor Lynn Goldstein
This master class examines the factors—linguistic, cultural, and sociopolitical—that lead to problematic interactions in multilingual/multicultural settings and addresses linguistic, intercultural, and attitudinal strategies for avoiding and repairing problematic intercultural interactions.
How Do You Know If It’s Any Good?
Dr. Beryl Levinger
The world is filled with well-meaning projects, policies, and programs intended to make the world safer or help improve the quality of people's lives. In this master class, we’ll learn how to use two simple but powerful approaches to quickly judge the worth and value of such initiatives: critical conversation and logic testing. Once we’ve mastered these techniques, we’ll apply them to an initiative that recently garnered coverage on National Public Radio. By the end of the class, you will have experienced a typical policy/management class in terms of both content (what you will learn if you choose to study here) and process (how several faculty members approach teaching and learning).
Student Services Session
Saturday, April 8
Check-In and Coffee
11:00 AM–2:00 PM
Financial Aid Open Office Hours
11:00 AM–1:30 PM
Program Breakout Sessions
Come meet current students and experience art, culture, and food from around the world.
Plan your visit with these helpful resources: